Travel insurance for your journey

We ask all guests travelling with Oak Hall to ensure they are covered by a travel insurance policy for the duration of their holiday.  It is well worth taking out your insurance cover at the same time as booking your holiday as many policies cover you for costs incurred if you have to cancel.

It is no longer possible to book travel insurance through Oak Hall

Why book travel insurance?

For a relatively small premium cost, a good travel insurance policy will pay any costs arising from emergency medical bills, repatriation etc.  Many policies also cover the costs of items damaged on a journey, cash lost etc. 

Do you already have travel insurance?

It maybe that you already have insurance some credit card companies offer travel insurance as an incentive to use their services for example.  You may have taken out an annual travel policy eight months ago... 

Not all travel insurance policies are equal!  Check your policy carefully!

It is worth checking any policy to make sure it is suitable for you. For example, are you covered for the types of sports you plan to get involved with?  If you are travelling with us for a winter holiday, is full winter sports cover included? If you are not a resident of the EU, are you covered? 

European Health Insurance Card

When travelling in Europe, make sure you've got a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) as well as travel insurance. An EHIC is free, and it could save you a lot of money and hassle if you need medical help while you are away. The EHIC is the replacement for the E111 form which has stopped being issued. To apply for an EHIC or for more information look online at or call 0845 606 2030. The EHIC expires after 5 years so please check that yours is still valid. 

Please let us know your travel insurance details

Please send us the details of your travel insurance cover when paying the balance for your holiday so that our leader could contact the insurance company on your behalf should this be needed.